I just finished this quilt for Rory and I LOVE it. I had to fight with it a bit because the pattern I got from Crazymomquilts blog that I have mentioned before was a little off she found and when I tried to adjust it I adjusted the wrong way, had to trim big time and ended up with 9 1/2 in squares instead of 11 in. . I added another row make up for it. The way I had to cut it made the squares look different too. It is 86 X 86 for Rory's Full size bed.
Rory helped pick out the fabric online. I love the birdies! I love all of the fabric!
Crazymomquilts has fab tutorials and I decided to bite the bullet and jump into stippling(a free motion quilting method). Although it was time consuming it was really fun. Mine is in no way perfect (lots of overlapping lines which is the one major rule not to do) I am pleased with my first attempt. I also used one of her fave background fabrics Muslin and love how it feels. I had to prewash it before for shrinking and I am so glad I did because it shrinked big time. I love how the green binding looks framing the white back.