Simeon is a sleepy head. Today, for instance, he threw a fit at 11am because he wanted a nap and I told him he had to wait until after we picked up Rory from school. Daily this child asks to take a nap. Who does that? When he is asleep, nothing wakes him for a couple hours. I often send Josh to wake him and Josh returns saying "Simeon says he does not want to wake up." On an off day last week he did not take a nap until 4pm. We tried to wake him at 5 and 6pm. At the 6pm time I jumped on him, tickled him, kissed him, talked to him to only hear "I'm not done sleeping". I asked "Do you want to sleep for the rest of the night?" and he said "Yes". And he did. Until 5am. On a Saturday.
When I say sleepyhead I do not mean he like to sleep in in the morning. On the occasion he wakes up around 7am but usually wakes up around 6am. That puts a hamper on my waking up early to read the scriptures with peace and quiet. Thankfully we are morning people and even more thankfully ROGER IS NOT COMMUTING 1 1/2+ HOURS TO WORK DAILY ANYMORE! In fact the commute is closer to 10min most days.
I am changing colors because I am changing subjects because of this commuting business. Roger has never ever complained because of his commute so neither will I but I want to share the positives to the temporary change.
1)Leaving between 5 and 520am is not necessary to beat the traffic. Mostly I never heard him leave. He also will not come home hours later than he should because the train doors closed on his face or the parking lot called the 5 freeway overly backed up.
2) Now HE can be the one to take Simeon downstairs, plunk him front of the TV,and give him his morning milk. Better yet, he can give him a shower,
3) He may even actually see Josh and Rory before he leaves too.
4) He can coax me out of sleep to read my scriptures at 530am. One morning I mumbled under the covers I threw over my head "I can't sleep with you rubbing my back" Yeah, I think that was the point.
5) With him being close, if he forgets his phone he's not screwed for the day. Likewise, if I forget my wallet in his car its not the end of the world.
6) He may be able to break away from work to come to school for say the holiday show or whatever. I won't always look like a single mom because I look so young and I forgot my ring at home. That's priceless.
7) Although we live in a very very safe city and I have a great network of friends I really do feel a little more safe with him nearby in this big world.
This short commute will not last forever so I do not feel guilty that I am enjoying this time. What can I say, I love this man and like him nearby.