Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sweet Sunday

I slept in today because days like these don't happen very often. No where to go early. No where to go at all! I came downstairs to not Roger's usual Sunday breakfast of waffles but Crepes with Banana "Foster". Yum!! It was a recipe the kids found.

We then watched conference in our pjs while playing legos. Well, with everyone but me playing legos. I couldn't help take notes. I loved the talks.

In between, Roger made us lunch from a recipe Josh found in a Friend magazine called Conference Bean Dip which was really 7 Layer Dip. Josh was certain we had to make it since it said Conference. We watched while we ate. Simeon fell asleep quickly on the makeshift beds he and Rory made in between. Could he really be comfortable on tile?

I hate to admit but Roger and I fell asleep when conference was 2/3 of the way through. I mention it though because I woke to see Josh and Rory still listening silently and using their Conference packets they wanted me to print out this morning. How awesome are they?

I asked them after what their favorite part was. Rory liked that she recognized a scripture Grandpa read to us this last FHE about Service. Yeah! she was listening at FHE and Yeah! she was listening to conference. Josh said his favorite speaker was the one that was hard to understand and he can't remember what he talked about. So Josh.

The day can't go down hill from here right? Well, we do have to have them clean up and that is never fun. What a nice day!

4 comments:

Tami said...

It was a nice day! What is Roger making for dinner?

pcerik said...

That's really good...my kids got diddly. That's probably in part because cousins were around and none of them could bare to be still for 1+ minutes. And, I was beat, so I also fell asleep and didn't really get anything from the Sunday afternoon session because of the kid noise during the time that I was actually awake!

Melissa said...

I want to come to your house next time for conference. Crepes, bean dip and well behaved kids? Yum!
CONGRATULATIONS on your little one on the way! I am so excited for you! I hope you are feeling ok, take it easy!

The Gale Family said...

Man, I wish I was hanging out at your house that day. Sounds great!