Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dragons!!




Sew SewSew SewSew SewSew SewSew SewSew SewSew SewSew Sew
That's what I did for the rest of our stay at Lena's. We came home and I sewed for hours until Rory's birthday party. Actually, I was still hand sewing heads on up until the kids came to the last event. My kid's were SUPER helpful and helped with the dragons, Levi, and the house.

When our Dragon hunters arrived we had a feast.
We then chased Dragon tails (aka- bandannas in the back pocket of the last person in line)
They then swung from a rope to try to knock down the bucket of water balloons. Crazy loud fun!
The Dragon hunters dug for Dragon eggs.
I really don't like pinatas. Instead they threw fireballs (bean bags made out of a fire fabric that Rory helped make) at a box with holes hidden under the paper.
Sadly, there is no pic with the dragon showing on box but here he is.
After not finding the dragon on the hunt, the hunters came back to the tables and called for the dragon.
What showed up? Baby dragons to adopt. Lots of them in lots of colors. Sadly, I was one short in the making so Rory did not get to make one. She understood how much time they took and that it was time for the party.
They gave them hearts (that Lena made), eyes, and stuffing. It took a long time to stuff!

We then ate cake. This was my first time using fondant. This guy looks a little spooky but much cooler than if I tried to just use frosting right?



This party was very simple except for the VERY not simple dragons that took sooooo many hours and the cake. I don't think anyone could have talked me out of them anyway :)

No comments: