Monday, January 12, 2009

Pain in the Bum

Posted by Picasa


Well meaning people have been asking how many days I have left and I say 3 months much to their shock. Its never other moms that ask, only men and older people. I say I have a lot of growing to to so cuz I get huge. It will probably get annoying soon but right now I just laugh.

I started to get Braxton Hicks contractions a couple weeks ago. When I told my midwife her student said "that's exciting". We both said "No!" Annoying is more the word since these mild annoyances do nothing to progress the process.

Up until a couple weeks ago people would ask how I am feeling and I would say "Great!" and I meant it. Now I am not feeling so hot.
See- I've got this killer pain in my sacrum- the bone in the middle of this picture
Every step hurts but I have to keep walking. Sitting hurts but I have to keep sitting. I have been stretching (pelvic tilts and such) like mad which helps but not enough. I have to lay down on my back on a hard floor to put my back back together. If you have any advice let me know!

I was also having intense arch pain making it hard to walk after noon especially if I had an exercise walk in the morning. I bought arch support and if I wear shoes all day I am doing better. I even wore them in my church shoes yesterday with my new non high heal shoes and I came home for the 1st time in a long time without pain.

11 comments:

Chellers said...

Ah, the WONDERFUL and GLORIOUS state of pregnancy. Don't you just love the last three months? GAG! Of course the results are worth it....but what a hassle!

You can do it! I dare you to tell people that ask you that you're not even pregnant. See how that hits them! ;-)

Amy said...

I over heard a comment in the hallway yesterday, "3 months! You must be having quadruplets!" I wanted to say, "Don't you know you never say that to a pregnant woman?!" So I'm glad you still have a sense of humor about it.
I always had to lay on my left side with a fluffy pillow between my knees to relieve the lower back pain. Maybe that could help a little...

thefrontpage said...

I had to deal with major back pain while pregnant. I reached the point where I absolutely could not walk because of a pinched nerve in my lower back. I had to be carried into the chiropractor but I walked (okay waddled) out feeling like a million bucks. Just make sure your chiropractor knows that you are pregnant when you make the appointment and check to see if she/he is trained on the specifics of adjusting a pregnant woman.

I love your cute belly! When I was pregnant with Spencer, this wide-eyed kid at church told his mom that I had the biggest belly he had ever seen. Um, thanks.

Tami said...

Oh Kelly, what a pain. Hang in there!

Natalie, Topher & Grant said...

Remember when we lived together at BYU and you had a pain in your bum then?! Didn't you have to sit on a donut or something?

By the way, are my pregnancy idol!

Molly said...

im sorry you are not feeling good! :( i have some advice.... go get adjusted or a massage and pedicure... :)

Jenn said...

Well you I might think I would have some advice for you, but I don't. I just wish I could be there to rub you, I know that would help. Stick with it, oh wait you don't have a choice. Love you!

Doug and Kristi said...

Okay, so I get that same pain! Yeah, it hits me at like 5 months & then I can't walk for the remaining 4! I feel pathetic when I can hardly lift my foot to put it into my pant leg...I'm so sorry, I feel your pain...literally!

Kirbell said...

Kelly, so sorry! I get "loose joints" when I'm pregnant and ave back and feet problems, too. Hang in there. You are a beautiful pregnant lady!

Melissa said...

Good shoes and arch support make all the difference for bad feet!
I think your belly looks great! And in only three months you won't be pregnant anymore, hooray!

Jenn said...

So sorry! I once told my OB of all my woes, including perpetual nasal congestion. He said, "I know just the remedy - delivery!" Not comforting when you have a ways to go. Good luck!