Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fiona

The rabbits we acquired at Christmas time were our leap past having fish for pets.  They have been great especially for my compost and chasing and cuteness but they did not help in my need to keep unwanted pest out of my yard- mainly squirrels. Those pesky animals are prolific and nuts and go after my nuts so I decided we needed an outdoor cat.  

We rescued Fiona from the Human Society and so she is fixed, vaccinated, and micro-chipped.  So far she has been great for that need and she fits in well here but like all living beings she has some quirks.  She can't handle loud noises which are constant here and she can get a little frisky making us be fairly cautious around her.


I don't let the rabbits and her outside at the same time but Fiona makes that easy.  She likes to spend the day in the garage attic so we can shut her in.  We are outside during that time any way and can chase the squirrels away.  I actually had a dream last night that she attacked a rabbit.  Not a fun dream.




No comments: