Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight at Midnight!

Don't worry no spoilers here! I went and stood in line for 1 hr and sat in the theater chair for 2 just to watch Twilight last night. Some might call me obsessive. I don't really feel that way. Sure I can tell you every last detail about the books including the online part book Midnight Sun. I can talk your ear off about all of them, including their flaws.
It all started a few years ago when no one had heard of the book. My girlfriend had book club and chose a different book and said if you want to read this other book(Twilight) that my husbands cousin wrote you can. (Correct me if I am wrong Kirsten but I am pretty sure you had not even read the book?)
I was around the 4th person to get it passed to and I had no idea what I was getting into. I was around 100 pgs into it when my family went to bed and finished it that night, totally entranced in the book.
I really didn't know if anyone else liked the book. I wondered if I happened to get caught up in it but that everyone else thought it was lame. I went to park day the next morning exhausted but on a high. I quietly asked the couple people who had read it if they liked it to see the same crazed look in their eyes that I had. I was not the only one!
For the next year I still hesitated telling other adults(cuz I am one right?) to read the book. What if they thought I was immatuture (be quiet you people snickering) More and more people loved it but it still took another year for the craze to start. And boy did it start.
So here I am wondering why I am going to a midnight showing. Well, I was with 19 friends, for fun, and well geez, I read the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the middle of the night so why not watch the movie then too.

Saving seats
Most of us- I kept the red eyes for effect

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Am I the only one who has not read any of the books and will not go see the movie?! It looks like it was a blast being there will all your friends. Great Fun! Am I sad that I missed it...not so much.

Berly said...

How fun for you. I am going to see the movie this week sometime. Remember-I just read Twlight for the first time last week. And your right - quick read and I loved it.