Monday, August 29, 2011

Canvas

Back in June one of the blogs I follow- The Pleated Poppy- made a canvas I knew I would have to make to tie colors in in my Family Room. Eventually I want it to cover a big screen but for now I just want a big canvas on the pedestal. I told my mother in law that I wanted to work on a painting project with her since she is a painter. She offered to make it while I was out of town to give her something else to do other than babies. I left the post with the tutorial and a canvas with her and came back to this beauty!


I stare at it all the time!  I was a wee bit worried.  She draws landscapes and temples- not abstract.  She also tends to do her own thing and I really wanted something similar to the canvas from the blog but she did awesome!  I still have more big idea projects for down there so watch out.

3 comments:

emH said...

That is SO not my mother. She did very well. I like it.

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

This turned out SO amazing! I found the tutorial on The Pleated Poppy, and your link in the comments sent me here. I love it!

Erin said...

I absolutely love this! She did an amazing job! Do you know what size canvas this is? I'd love to attempt this project!